The PDF makes it easy for you to print out the tips. The file is small too (138 KB), so you can share it with your friends via email. You can also recommend this page to a friend (see link at the top of this page).
- In order to have the gelatin drop out easily and also have a shiney lustre, rinse the container in cold water and coat with salad oil before pouring in the gelatin mixture.
- If you add 2 tablespoons of vinegar to each box of gelatin, the taste will not be affected and you will get a firmer set.
- To get gelatin to thicken quicker, pour the liquid into a metal pan and place in the freezer for about 15 minutes.
- To enhance the flavor of jelly powder, use leftover fruit juice instead of water.
Top 4 Substitutions Tips
- A sweet substitute for bread crumbs is finely crushed corn flakes, wheat flakes, any unsweetened cereal, or crushed potato flakes.
- Flat chamagne can be used as a substitute in recipes for dry white wine.
- Low fat ricotta cheese used with light cream cheese in cheesecake recipes is equivalent to cottage cheese. The texture is smoother than the regular cottage cheese and the flavor is slightly sweet.
- For your own low calorie sour cream, whip 1 cup of cottage cheese with 1/4 cup skim milk.