The PDF makes it easy for you to print out the tips. The file is small too (138 KB), so you can share it with your friends via email. You can also recommend this page to a friend (see link at the top of this page).
Top 7 Fruit Tips
- To reduce the amount of sugar required when cooking cranberries, add 1/4 teaspoon of baking soda.
- If you rub the bottom of the pan with butter when making jam, you will prevent burning and the jam will be clear.
- To maintain a nice red colour when cooking rhubarb, keep the lid on.
- To enhance the flavor of grapefruit, sprinkle with a little salt.
- You’ll get more juice from oranges and lemons if you heat them for 10-15 minutes in hot water before squeezing.
- Keep cut lemons fresh by brushing egg whites over the cut surface.
- Ripen green bananas by wrapping them in a wet dish towel and putting them in a brown paper bag.