The PDF makes it easy for you to print out the tips. The file is small too (138 KB), so you can share it with your friends via email. You can also recommend this page to a friend (see link at the top of this page).
10 for Kids Tips
- Remove dried formula from a baby’s face the gentle way – with a wash cloth dabbed with petroleum jelly.
- Can’t get your kids to take their vitamins? Try putting them in a Pez dispenser. It makes vitamins more fun to take.
- Make kids’ clown make up by mixing 2 tablespoons of cornstarch to 1 tablespoon of shortening. Color with food coloring.
- Clean kids’ wounds with a dark red wash cloth so they won’t see any blood.
- Make your kids bathmitts using old socks filled with left over soap slivers.
- Make kids fingerpaints by mixing 1/4 cup of cornstarch with 2 cups of cold water. Boil until the mixture thickens, then pour into small containers and tint with food coloring.
- Use a zipper-type storage bag to hold your childs artwork adorned with glitter and other substances which may not remain on the paper. This will eliminate clean up on the floor around the fridge or wherever you display their creations.
- Clean the brushes from old nail polish bottles with nail polish remover, then give them to your kids as a brush for their water color paint set.
- When your child complains of a sore throat, check it using a round flat lollipop as a tongue depresser. That way he or she won’t complain when you want to take a look.
- For painless removal of a bandage, lift the corner of the bandage, and use a Q-tip dabbed with petroleum jelly to lift it.