WEIGHT LOSS FOR SENIORS
Older adults need optimal nutrition to help compensate for the decreased function of their bodies and their increased susceptibility to disease. As we age, our body no longer digests, assimilates, or metabolizes food as well as it used to. The need for all essential nutrients is greatly increased. Older people need fewer calories, because they have less muscle and a slower metabolism.
OLDER ADULTS HAVE LOW LEVELS OF NUTRIENTS BECAUSE:
- They have a decreased ability to digest, absorb, and metabolize nutrients.
- Half the population over the age of 60 do not make enough stomach acid to digest their food adequately.
- The average 60 year old has half the amount of enzymes they had at the age of 30.
- Antacids decrease the absorption of iron, folic acid, Vitamins A and B12.
- Their medications deplete nutrients. For example, some diuretic medications used in the treatment of hypertension increase urinary excretion of magnesium.
- Magnesium plays an essential roll in the transmission of nerve and muscle impulses.
- If your magnesium is low you might be noticing irritability, nervousness, mental lapses, anxiety, rapid heartbeat, and chronic fatigue.
- Alcohol inhibits the absorption of protein, calcium, and vitamins A, B complex, C, D, and E.
- Long term use of aspirin can lead to iron deficiency, anemia, and reduced red blood cells.
- Tannin and other compounds in coffee and tea can reduce mineral absorption, especially iron by 90%.
OXYGENATING FOODS & SUPPLEMENTS
|NOTE: About 50% of North Americans take one or more dietary supplements including vitamins, minerals, herbal preparations, and homeopathic remedies. Look for them at; Nature’s Sunshinetoday, for a wide selection of natural dietary supplements available in encapsulated, liquid, and tablet form.”Beauty is only Skin Deep” Natural Facelifts, anti-aging, and hair re-growth products. Visit our Health Books department today!|
BENEFITS OF STABILIZED OXYGEN AND WEIGHT LOSS:
Most people are aware that food grown extensively with chemical fertilizers depletes food of essential minerals, nutrients and enzymes needed for energy required to build healthy cells. Molecular oxygen plays a critical role in the proper functioning of the immune system and is the correct source of life to all cells.
Aerobic bacteria (the good guys) must have oxygen to survive. They change the minerals in food from a solid state to a usable ionic state of assimilation. In addition, a high percentage of food ingested putrefies prior to digestion and nutrient absorption, because the putrefying bacterium in the digestive tract is never favorable for both aerobic and anaerobic bacteria simultaneously.
Stabilized Oxygen is a high concentrate of oxygen – oxygen in molecular form.
- In the use of drops placed in a glass of water, and consumed, it actually puts oxygen in your blood without the process of deep breathing. . Besides breathing we get oxygen from food. Clean, healthy bodies utilize foods more efficiently and effectively than bodies full of waste.
- Overweight people are usually oxygen starved. They need more oxygen to burn calories more efficiently. In the case of obesity, the primary cause of excess waste is inadequate oxidation of food, leaving it to be stored in lipid form for use later.
- A higher oxygen level allows the body to oxidize its fuel more effectively, including fuel that was stored away as lipids (fat).
- Many highly oxygenated individuals report that the need to eat is greatly diminished since the food consumed is so thoroughly utilized.
- More efficient oxidation provides greater energy nourishment, eliminating inaccurate hunger signals and allowing the body’s weight to normalize.
- Food cravings have many origins, and one is the body trying to get more oxygen to the cells.
OXIDATION IS NECESSARY IN ORDER TO: BURN FUEL (FOOD), PRODUCE HEAT, ELIMINATE WASTE
HOW METABOLIC ENYZYMES AFFECT REVERSING AGING AND WEIGHT LOSS
To maintain good health and maintain proper body function, some amount of supplemental vitamins, minerals, amino acids, essential fatty acids, and enzymes are essential. As we age, our bodies lose their ability to absorb and use nutrients. Our bodies make less COQ10 and SOD (Superoxide Dismutase), making health supplementation important to maintain wellness.
The deficiency of COQ10 has been associated with obesity. Recent studies have indicated that this micronutrient may be more vital to metabolic processes than previously thought. Bysupplying the body with adequate levels of COQ10, researchers have found that fat metabolism and enhanced cellular control of fat stores will result. Studies show that COQ10 is linked to thermogenesis in brown adipose tissue and that it helps to regulate and boost thermogenic activity. Reach for Co Enzyme Q10 it will give you the defense you need.
SOD Superoxide Dismutase
Did you know that Barley Grass Tincture is high in superoxide dimustase (SOD)?
A LONG LIFE SPAN, IS THE CUMULATIVE RESULT
ESSENTIALS FOR LONGEVITY:
Do you need help? Just ask, as a Chartered Herbalist, I specialize in helping people achieve their overall wellness goals. I can help put you on the road to achieving good health and a sense of well-being. I’m here to answer any questions you have and to help you choose the best products.
OR Visit Nature’s Sunshine, a one-stop source for all your herb and health supplement needs.