Affirmations for self esteem
Affirmations is a useful tool for health and healing and for your self-esteem. Affirmation consists of Positive statementsused to “program” both the conscious and subconscious minds towards a healthier outcome. It is not known exactly how affirmations work, but it is thought that they influence certain parts of the brain which, in turn, influence the nervous system and different body functions.
Select an area of your health that you would like to improve. Create a short, positive statement that embodies the improvement you would like to see.
- I am healthy, well and happy.
- My digestive system is strong and works well.
- I have a healthy heart and my circulation is good.
- I am willing to exercise daily to improve my health.
- I love my internal organs; they all function well.
Then use one or more of the following techniques to strengthen the affirmation:
- Write the statement down on a piece of paper and repeat this 15 times a day saying it aloud as you write it.
- Write the statement on some Post-it notes and stick them around your room or your home. Every time one catches your eye repeat the statement out loud.
- Stand in front of a mirror and repeat the statement 5 times while looking yourself in the eyes. Speak slowly and clearly.
- Mentally repeat the statement imagining the volume to become louder and louder.
- If any negative or counter-statement come into your mind (such as I’m not healthy, my digestion is awful, my heart is weak, I’m not well) deal with it immediately. Mentally say ‘STOP!’ and replace the thought with the new affirmation repeating it mentally or verbally or writing it down.
- Repeat the statement first thing upon waking and last thing before going to sleep. Sleep with the statement under your pillow.
- Believe in the statement and wait for results to manifest.
Positive affirmations do work, and by following these techniques, your self esteem will improve as a result.