The Aloe Vera Plant
Aloe vera is a lily found in the desert and has been valued by many cultures for thousands of years. Cleopatra knew of its value for maintaining her beautiful skin. Aloe vera contains over 160 valuable ingredients, including vitamin A, C, E and B complex, enzymes,minerals, trace elements, plant protein and essential fatty acids.
Aloe vera juice has been used to treat many human ailments for about four thousand years. It contains over two hundred ingredients, and seems to affect large number of biomedical actions within the your body. Research has shown that Aloe vera may be one of the most important treatments used to fight disease.
The Aloe vera plant contains at least six antiseptic agents: lupeol, salicylic acid, urea nitrogen, cinnamic acid, phenol, and sulphur. These substances are all known antiseptics, explaining why Aloe has the ability to eliminate many internal and external infections. Aloe is also a very effective pain killer because it contains lupeol, salicylic acid, and magnesium – all highly effective analgesics (pain killers).
|Breaks down and digests dead tissue and pus||Cleanses naturally|
|Enhances normal cell division and hastens healing||Penetrates tissue|
|Anti-pyretic (reduces heat from sores)||Anti-inflammatory|
|Bactericidal (acts as a strong anti-biotic)||Anti-pruritic (stops itching)|
|Virucidal when in direct contact for long periods||Nutritional|
|Anesthetizes tissue, and relieves pain associated with sore joints and muscles||Dialates capillaries to aid with circulation|
Aloe vera contains at least three anti-inflammatory acids: cholesterol, campesterol, and B-sitosterol. This helps to explain why Aloe is an effective treatment for burns, cuts, scrapes, and abrasions, as well as rheumatoid arthritis, rheumatic fever, and all kinds of ulcers – both internal and external. The presence of these fatty acids may also help explain why some experts feel aloe is highly effective for many inflammatory conditions of the digestive system and other internal organs such as the small intestine, pancreas, liver, kidney, colon and stomach. These fatty acids – particularily B-sitosterol, may explain how aloe juice is an effective treatment for allergic reactions and acid indigestion, and why, when used with a low fat diet, helps to lower harmful cholesterol levels.
If the synergistic relationship between the many elements found in this plant , then nothing does. This synergistic relationship, helps explains why through the ages many lay persons and physicians have stated that aloe vera has the ability to heal, alleviate, eliminate a large list of human diseases and disorders, and therefore truly deserving the name “medicine plant.”
Aloe vera should not be looked at as a miracle cure for disease. We must remember however, that exercise, a proper diet, ( including mostly fruit, vegetables, and grain), plenty of pure water, and a healthy lifestyle as well, are all important in your being healthy and happy. Remember this, only a functional and healthy immune system cures the body.
SOME TOP FACTS ABOUT ALOE VERA
- Aloe Vera has been used for thousands of years as a safe, natural herbal remedy. It is not new, and has a massive weight of historical and scientific evidence to testify to its efficacy. It can be used safely either externally on the skin or hair, or taken internally as a drink.
- The thick, clear gel inside the leaf contains over 75 different key nutritional compounds which are either required or beneficial to our health and well being including: Minerals, Vitamins(incuding B12), Amino Acids, Enzymes and more.
- There are no known side effects or contra indications; and no known adverse drug reactions. It is safe for everyone – from infants to the elderly.
- Aloe vera has many different benefits because of the number of nutirients that it contains. These benefits come from the synergy between the different nutrients, as there is not one magic ingredient in aloe vera.
- Aloe vera works with your body to aid in healing and well being. It is not a miracle cure, it simply provides excellent nutrition so your body can heal itself.
- Aloe is a natural moisturizer for the skin, and penetrates down into its deepest layers. Its natural anti-inflammatory, anti-microbal, anti-oxidant and nutritional qualities promote both cell growth and healing – up to 30 % faster.
- Many people taking aloe vera report they have a greater sense of well being, feel calmer and are less anxious. Aloe also boosts the immune system, making it more finely tuned and better able to defend the body from attack.
- Aloe vera is extremely safe.
Aloe Vera Moisturiser – 97.53% pure Aloe Vera Gel from Nature’s Sunshine (the one Bob uses)